All By Grace Home Healthcare, Inc. offers exceptional services. Check and see how you and your loved ones can benefit from the services we provide.
WHAT IS INFUSION THERAPY?
Infusion therapy involves the administration of medication through a needle or catheter. It is prescribed when a patient's condition is so severe that it cannot be treated effectively by oral medications.
HOME INFUSION THERAPY
Home infusion therapy is when a patient receives this therapy in their home, with the help of experienced home infusion nurses and pharmacists. Many types of infusion therapies that can be safely administered and monitored in the home, from antibiotics and nutrition support to pain medication, pre-and post-transplant therapies, and immune therapy.
HOME INFUSION THERAPY ADVANTAGES
With the help of home infusion therapy, patients may not need to be in the hospital for their infusion — this may be receives in the comfort of their home. Home infusion therapy can be an excellent option for many, such as those who are facing a chronic illness, recuperating from surgery, or being treated for an infection. It can also be a safe and cost-effective alternative to placement in a nursing home, or an extended hospital stay. It can allow individuals to maintain their normal daily activities and keep living life to its fullest.
WHAT CAN BE INFUSED AT HOME
A variety of drugs can be infused at home such as blood factors, corticosteroids, erythropoietin, inotropic heart medications, growth hormones, immunoglobulin and many others.
Fall Prevention Program
Our Fall Prevention Program is used to help advance patient safety. All By Grace Home Healthcare, Inc. administers a Fall Risk Assessment during the admission procedure for all of our patients. Per this assessment, patients may be placed on the Fall Prevention Program. Our Fall Prevention Program:
· Teaches safety in and around the home
· Recommends for assistive devices as indicated
· Refers to other specialized disciplines as appropriate
Our goal for the Fall Prevention Program is to lower the risk of injury and falls for patients who are at high risk of falls, or have a previous history of falls. Our Professional Staff of caregivers develop patient specific plans to improve safety, coordination, balance, and ambulation for patients who are at risk for falls. Preventing injuries and falls not only helps us reduce patient readmission rates into the hospital, but also allows our patients to live safe and comfortable in their own homes. Strict measures are adhered to each individual patient as they are admitted into our Fall Prevention program. These measures consist of:
· Continuous at home evaluation and assessment, that includes intervention as needed to maintain patient safety
· Complete multi-disciplinary team assessment to asses diagnosis, current medication,
internal and external issues that may put the patient at risk for falls
· Thorough safety teaching and instructions on proper medical device use to prevent falls
Chronic Disease Management Program
The Chronic Disease Management Program (CDMP) has been proven to help older adults better manage their chronic conditions, improve their quality of life, and lower health care costs. Teaching and education is tailored to manage conditions specific to each individuals health care needs. This includes HTN, Diabetes, CVA, DVT, ALS, Asthma, Pneumonia, and Rehabilitation, Dementia / Memory loss and Parkinson disease. We teach techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation, 2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance, 3) appropriate use of medications, 4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals, 5) nutrition, 6) decision making, and, 7) how to evaluate new treatments.
Each Chronic Disease Management Program features:
· Symptoms and Risk Factors
· Information on the Disease Process
· Effects of the disease and how to manage them
· Treatment and rehabilitation plans
· Care Plan Oversight/Progress Logs
· Medication Teaching, Logs, and Information Guides
· Nutritional Teaching, Logs, and Information Guides
· Patient/Caregiver Teaching and Education Checklists
· Family/Caregiver Teaching and Education Regimens
· Emergency Preparedness
· Disease-Specific Publications and Handouts
· Disease-Specific Information Resources
Patients who require either invasive or noninvasive ventilator assistance to help them breathe can benefit from Advanced Home Care’s home ventilator program.
Prior to discharge from the hospital, respiratory therapists perform an in-hospital assessment of the patient’s needs and then prepare their home environment for the transition from hospital to home. Working in conjunction with the physician, patient and caregiver and having identify the best ventilator for each individual patient. Education is provided to patients and caregivers in conjunction with respiratory therapist on how to clean and protect the airway and maintain the efficiency of the ventilator. And because most units are portable, we explain to patients and caregivers how to travel with their ventilators.
Because we believe in continual assistance, respiratory therapists will visit patients to check on their status, address any concerns they or their caregivers may have and provide progress reports to their referring physician. RT (Respiratory Therapists) will be available as needed for care, questions and concerns.
Wound Care Treatment
Our wound care management program involves an interdisciplinary team that will take a wound from onset to healing. Our WOCN Certified Clinical Nurse Specialists perform initial assessment and evaluation of all wounds and focusing on alleviating the pain that is involved with wounds. Providing patient and family education is critical to preventing future wounds. This is integrated into care plan approach to wound management by different interdisciplinary team that utilizes a consistent, intense and individualized approach to wound care management for an expected outcome. Our Team is available for consultation with physicians to customize care according to the needs of the patients in the following areas:
· Pressure ulcers
· Diabetic ulcers
· Venous/arterial ulcers
· Post-Surgical non-healing incisions
· Post amputation wound management
· Chronic, non-healing wounds
· Osteomyelitis/infected wounds.
KCI in-service or Avance wound Vacs In-service regularly scheduled.
Competencies checklist is mandatory for specialized dressings.
CHF and COPD Program
Based on the ACC/AHA Guidelines, Heart failure (HF) is a major public health problem in the United States. Nearly 5 million patients in this country have HF, and nearly 500,000 patients are diagnosed with HF for the first time each year. The American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Heart Association (AHA) first published guidelines for the evaluation and management of HF in 1995 and since that time, a great deal of progress has been made in the development of both pharmacological and nonpharmacological approaches to treatment for this common, costly, disabling, and generally fatal disorder. So at All By Grace Home Health Care, Inc. our overall goals are to provide optimal disease management, focused on:
· Care management of high risk individuals to promote adherence and self management
· Working with clinicians to follow evidence - based clinical practice guidelines
· Monitoring of symptoms and daily weights
· Reporting any decline in health status and facilitating prompt access to their healthcare provider
for medication adjustment in attempt to prevent hospitalizations.
· Frontloading nursing visits
· Tele-Health: Telehealth is the delivery of health-related services and information via telecommunications technologies. Telehealth is a key component of any care transitions or care coordination. Every COPD/CHF patients can participate in our tele health program, which focuses on physical status such as edema status, weight, usage of oxygen as well as give in-depth teaching for self-management and the disease process.
Our agency can incorporate tele-monitors into our care plan for high-risk patients and constantly liaise
Patients doctors as needed.At every delivery of care stage, patient and their family member(s) will be informed of the care that is being rendered.
Our promise to our patients is exceptional care, at an affordable price.